We are currently recruiting someone who has the ambition to train as a Clerk of the Course on a two year Fixed Term Contract. Initially, this role will be based in the North West but the successful candidate will spend a period of time working in each region experiencing the major race meetings and festivals, gaining knowledge across all areas of the track and grounds.
You will have the opportunity to be part of the some of the biggest sporting events such as The Randox Health Grand National, The Cheltenham Festival, The Investec Derby Festival and QIPCO Guineas Festival.
The successful person will possess:
• a passion for horseracing
• an interest in, and ability to develop an in-depth understanding of the racing industry, turf husbandry and race planning
• the aptitude to perform as a team player
• the ability to think on their feet and relish in dealing with the unexpected
• the ability to communicate confidently at all levels of the industry and with the media
• commercial acumen
Due to the requirement to travel to the racecourses around the Group, the successful person will need to have a valid driving licence and access to a vehicle. This role will also involve working on an evening or weekend to support racing.
Application: By the 27 September. All applications should be submitted through our online careers page.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER APPLICATIONS THAT ARE NOT SUBMITTED THROUGH OUR CAREERS WEBSITE PROVIDED ABOVE.
We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date if we receive a large number of suitable applications.